Salmon is a great source of protein and omega 3 fatty acids. Leftover burgers can be used in a salad the next day.
500g fresh raw skinless and boneless salmon fillet, chopped
1 small bunch chopped parsley
2 spring onions, sliced
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Good grind of pepper and a little sea salt
50g almond meal to coat (optional)
- Combine the salmon, spring onion, parsley, lemon zest and juice, egg and a little salt and pepper into a food processor. Process until just combined.
- Remove and shape into 8 burgers.
- Coat them lightly in almond meal if using, and rest in the fridge for 15 minutes to help them firm up.
- Cook the burgers in a pan over a low to medium heat with a splash of olive oil until crisp, golden and cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of steamed vegetables, roasted sweet potato or leafy greens.
Preparation and resting time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Nutrition per serve (1 burger)
Total fat: 15.7g
Saturated fat: 2.4g