Roast Pumpkin Quinoa Risotto
- 500g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed kernels and pepitas
- Olive oil spray
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 80ml (1/3 cup) dry white wine
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 20g (1/4 cup) grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh continental parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on the tray and sprinkle with chilli flakes and rosemary. Spray with olive oil. Roast for 25 minutes. Add seeds and pepitas and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and celery. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add quinoa and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer until reduced by half.
- Gradually add stock, stirring and allowing liquid to absorb after each addition, for 15 minutes or until quinoa is al dente.
- Stir in zucchini for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Add pumpkin mixture and half the parmesan. Cover. Set aside for 2 minutes. Stir through half the parsley.
- Top with the remaining parmesan and parsley.
Health Jigsaw is a well trusted mobile personal and fitness training business and our personal trainers have been helping clients get fitter, stronger, faster and healthier since 2004. Apart from putting together effective workouts, we can help you with nutritional advice. A healthy lifestyle is not just about exercising – nutrition plays a big part too. You will not get results unless you are committed to both exercise and nutrition.
If you live in the following areas, we can come to you: Gordon, Middleton, Flowerpot, Birchs Bay, Woodbridge, Kettering, Coningham, Snug, Margate, Blackmans Bay, Howden, Kingston, Bonnet Hill or Taroona.