Stuffed Capsicum With Bolognese
Cooking: 40 minutes
- 2 red capsicum
- 2 yellow capsicum
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 300g beef mince
- 500g jar bolognese sauce
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- Parsley and salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C. Cut capsicums in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membrane. Place on a baking tray, cut side up and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a deep frying pan. Add onion and carrot and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add mince and cook over high heat until well-browned. Reduce heat to medium, stir in bolognese sauce and tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove capsicum from oven and carefully fill with mince mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan and return to oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with a salad.
Source: Woolworths Taste magazine, July 2017.
Health Jigsaw is a mobile personal and fitness training business based in Kettering, Tasmania. We have been helping clients get fitter, stronger, faster and healthier since 2004. Apart from putting together effective workouts, we can help you with nutritional advice. A healthy lifestyle is not just about exercising – nutrition plays a big part too. You will not get results unless you are committed to both exercise and nutrition.
If you live in Middleton, Flowerpot, Birchs Bay, Woodbridge, Kettering, Coningham, Snug, Margate, Blackmans Bay, Howden, Kingston, Bonnet Hill, Taroona, Sandy Bay, Battery Point or South Hobart, we are ready to help you.