Staying Fit While Travelling
Staying fit can be difficult when you’re away on a business trip or on holidays, but with a bit of planning and dedication you can still maintain your fitness. Exercise may also help you get over the jetlag quicker.
- Go for a walk or run in the morning. Try running to a nearby beach, through parks or other scenic routes to keep you motivated.
- Walk everywhere – it’s a great way to check out the city or area you’re staying in.
- Look to stay at hotels that have a gym.
- If you’re staying somewhere that does not have a gym, then exercise in your hotel room. There are plenty of body weight exercises that you can do or you can pack an exercise band with you (it doesn’t weigh much nor take up a lot of room in your suitcase). Download our “No Equipment Workout” information sheet if you’re looking for exercise ideas.
- Hire a bike – it’s a cheap alternative to using public transport or hiring a car.
- Take me with you on your holidays.