As we head into winter, one way to keep yourself motivated and active is to train for running events. Below are some of events that you can participate in:
- Parkrun (parkrun.com.au) – free, weekly, 5 km timed runs held at various locations all over Sydney (Campbelltown, Curl Curl, Mosman, Parramatta and St Peters) and Australia.
- Mother’s Day Classic (mothersdayclassic.com.au) – 4 or 8 km run/walk at either the Domain or Parramatta Park (Sunday 11 May 2014).
- Sydney Half Marathon (smhhalfmarathon.com.au) – 21.1 km through the streets of Sydney (Sunday 18 May 2014).
- Mini Mos (mini-mos.com) – 2 km, 5 km and 10 km fun run through the streets of Mosman (Sunday 15 June 2014).
- Sydney Harbour 10k (sydneyharbour10k.com.au) – 10 km run around Barangaroo and Darling Harbour (Sunday 13 July 2014).
- Sutherland 2 Surf (sutherland2surf.com.au) – 11 km fun run from Sutherland to Wanda Surf Club (Sunday 20 July 2014).
- City2Surf (city2surf.com.au) – 14 km from the city to Bondi Beach (Sunday 10 August 2014).
- Sydney Running Festival (sydneyrunningfestival.com.au) – four events/distances – 3.5 km (family fun run), 9 km (bridge run), 21.1 km (half marathon) and 42.2 km (marathon) – starting from Milson’s Point and crossing over the Sydney Harbour Bridge (Sunday 21 September 2014).
If running is not for you, there are walks that you can train for: