What happened to the last few months? Who cares, spring is here!!!
Hope you all survived winter without adding a few extra centimetres around your waist. If you need a kick up the backside, we have just launched an eight-week spring challenge to help get you back on track (more about that later).
In this issue:
- Oak Tree Retirement Village Wellness Program.
- Fruit Juices.
- Spring Into Action Challenge.
- Chicken and Vegetable Quinoa.
- Interesting Stuff.
Eat well and train hard.
Oak Tree Retirement Village Wellness Program
We are excited to be launching a wellness program help keep the residents of the Oak Tree Retirement Village in Kingston active and healthy.
We will start with an Active Residents Class (ARC) later this month. ARC is a low-to-moderate intensity exercise class suitable for anyone who hasn’t exercised for a while. Come and try it out the first class for free (click on this link for more information).
Regular exercise can:
- lower your blood pressure
- manage your weight
- reduce the risk of falls
- improve well-being and quality of life
- help you sleep better
- maintain or even improve your bone mineral density
- improve your balance and flexibility.
Do you drink fruit juices on a regular basis?
Fruit juices have the 5 Star Health Rating so that’s healthy, right? Generally the Health Star Rating System is a good way to work out how healthy food and drinks are but sometimes it is too simplified.
Most bottles of fruit juice will have a 5 star rating on it. However, if you look closely at the photos below it may shock you to find out how much sugar or energy are in a 400ml bottle.
Spring Into Action Challenge
With less than three months until the start of summer, the season of short sleeves and swimmers is fast approaching. The Spring Into Action Challenge will help bring you out of the winter hibernation, take you outside your comfort zone and set some serious goals. Spring is renewal time (especially in the garden with the new blooms), so it’s the perfect time to allow a healthier new you to emerge.
Eight weeks may sound like a fairly short period of time, but with focus and determination, you can make a dramatic difference in how you look and how you feel.
We have four options of the Challenge for you to choose from. For more information, click on the below.
Chicken & Vegetable Quinoa
Here’s a healthy recipe for you to try out…and it’s SO easy!!!
Refer A Friend Voucher
Do you know someone who might benefit from personal training?
Refer a friend and we will give them 50% off their first personal training session.
And as a thank you, you will also receive a 5% discount to go towards your own personal training.
For those of you who are not on Facebook, below are some of our posts during the last few months:
- Create the perfect meal with this simple 5-step guide [Learn how to get a good balance of proteins, carbs, fats in your meals.]
- Exercise May Ease Hot Flashes, Provided It’s Vigorous [New studies suggest that the right type of exercise might lessen both the frequency & discomfiting severity of hot flashes by changing how the body regulates its internal temperature.]
- The Surprising Truth About Dietary Supplements That Might Change The Way You Eat [Find out the difference between “supplements” and “compliments”, why taking a multivitamin is probably unnecessary, the truth about omega 3 supplementation, the reasons why sunlight and going outdoors is probably better than any supplement you can take.]
- Alzheimer’s – Can We Prevent It? [While there is no cure, research suggests that Alzheimer’s can be delayed – and even prevented. We know that every five years after the age of 65, your chance of getting dementia doubles. Your lifestyle choices today might affect your chances of cognitive decline in the future.]
Nothing contained in this issue of Health Matters is intended to be used as medical advice and is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your own health professional’s advice.
Health Jigsaw is a well trusted mobile personal and fitness training business and our personal trainers have been helping clients get fitter, stronger, faster and healthier since 2004. Apart from putting together effective workouts, we can help you with nutritional advice. A healthy lifestyle is not just about exercising – nutrition plays a big part too. You will not get results unless you are committed to both exercise and nutrition.
Contact us for a complimentary initial consultation if you live in the following areas of Southern Tasmania: Blackmans Bay, Crabtree, Cradoc, Cygnet, Franklin, Glen Huon, Grove, Huonville, Judbury, Kingston, Leslie Vale, Lower Longley, Lucaston, Mountain River, Ranelagh, Sandfly, South Hobart, Taroona, Woodstock.