Welcome to the November newsletter.
Can you believe it’s November already and the shops have been bombarding us with Christmas decorations for a few weeks. All the retailers have their marketing campaigns mapped out well in advance. As soon as the Christmas decorations are taken down, up comes Valentine’s Day, followed by Easter bunnies and eggs, then Mother’s Day, etc. Now it’s the right time for you to start thinking about next year (or what some people call your new year’s resolutions)…what you aim to achieve at different stages during 2012.
In this issue:
- Why you’re not reaching your ideal weight.
- 7 Bridges Walk.
- Barefoot bowls.
- Interesting stuff.
Eat well and train hard.
Why You’re Not Reaching Your Ideal Weight
If you’re trying to lose weight, a reasonable and healthy weight loss should be between 0.5 to 1.0 kg per week. As with any goals, your success will depend on a number of factors, with the most important one being motivation.
7 Bridges Walk
We had a small group participate in the 7 Bridges Walk on Sunday 30 October. There were a few drops of rain at the start but then it quickly cleared and it was a very enjoyable day.
At last count, nearly $215,000 has been raised for the Cancer Council.
The social event for November will be barefoot bowls. Come and join us for a fun, enjoyable and relaxing day out in the fresh air with stunning views of Sydney Harbour.
Date: Sunday 27 November (10 am to 12 pm)
Cost: $15 per person
Location: Waverton Bowling Club (wavertonbowlingclub.com.au)
Woolcott Street, Waverton (5 minutes walk from the Waverton train station)
RSVP: Friday 11 November (as we need to reserve a spot)
Please contact us to RSVP or register your interest and we will provide you with further details.
In addition to eNewsletters and blogs, we also provide other health and fitness information on our Facebook page. For those of you who are not on Facebook, below are our posts during October 2011:
- Are Barefoot Shoes Really Better? [Do minimalist running shoes really reduce wear and tear on a runner’s body?]
- Use by and best before dates [Do you know the difference between a use by and a best before date?]
- 3000 vitamins in five months: what does that do? [In Australia, vitamins are a multimillion-dollar industry. Are they doing you any good?]
- More Evidence Confirms Diet’s Link to Mental Health [2 new studies from Australian investigators show that diet quality can have a significant effect on mental health outcomes and may potentially have a role in preventing and treating such common illnesses as depression and anxiety.]
- Really? The Claim: Yoga Can Help Manage Pain [Some people rely on yoga to relieve chronic and acute pain.]
- The secret of the world’s oldest marathon runner [Proof that you're never too old to do (or start) anything. A 100 year old man, who started running seriously at 89, is now the oldest marathon runner.]
- Kicking the “Coke” habit [Are diet soft drinks better than the real thing? Nutritionist Susie Burrell on diet drinks versus full sugar drinks.]
Nothing contained in this Newsletter is intended to be used as medical advice and is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your own health professional’s advice.
As we are a mobile business, we can come to you in the following areas of Sydney:
- North Shore (Artarmon, Balmoral, Beauty Point, Cammeray, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Clifton Gardens, Cremorne, Crows Nest, Gordon, Greenwich, Kirribilli, Lane Cove, Lavender Bay, Lindfield, Linley Point, Longueville, McMahons Point, Middle Cove, Middle Harbour, Milsons Point, Mosman, Naremburn, Neutral Bay, North Sydney, Northbridge, Northwood, Pymble, Riverview, Roseville, Spit Junction, St Leonards, Waverton, Willoughby and Wollstonecraft).
- Northern Suburbs (East Ryde, Eastwood, Epping, Gladesville, Henley, Hunters Hill, Huntleys Cove, Huntleys Point, Macquarie Park, Marsfield, North Ryde and Woolwich).
If you want to engage our services at a location we have not listed above, please contact us as we may be able to cater to your request.