HAPPY NEW YEAR and welcome to the January newsletter.
Hope you enjoyed the festive season and have recovered from your Christmas and New Year’s celebrations. Now is the time to get back into a healthy routine of eating well and exercising consistently.
Just remember that most people are worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they should really be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.
In this issue:
- Starting a new year.
- Social events for 2012.
- Ten pin bowling.
- Interesting stuff.
Eat well and train hard.
Starting a New Year
You know the scenario well – think up things that you want to change come January 1 each year. You might write a list and stick it on your fridge – to get fit, lose weight, stop smoking or get the work/life balance right. But how do you actually achieve these resolutions.
Social Events for 2012
Social events are usually held on the last Sunday of each month. A small cost may be involved for the hiring of equipment and/or registration. We have a few new activities planned for 2012 and you’re more than welcome to bring your partner, kids or friends along.
Ten Pin Bowling
The first social event for 2012 will be Ten Pin Bowling.
Date: Sunday 22 January
Time: 10 am to 12 pm
Cost: $24 for 2 games
(Students under 18 – $16 for 2 games)
Location: Strike Bowling, Chatswood
(Level 4 Mandarin Centre, Cnr Albert Ave and Victor St)
The Mandarin Shopping Centre car park is located on Victor St
RSVP: Tuesday 17 January
Please contact us to RSVP or register your interest and we will provide you with further details.
In addition to eNewsletters and blogs, we also provide other health and fitness information on our Facebook page. For those of you who are not on Facebook, below are our posts during December 2011:
- It’s crunch time [With vegetables there are 2 rules: 1 is eat lots of different coloured veggies; the other is never boil them.]
- Juice of Radiance [A recipe for a juice that is refreshing, healthy, hydrating, alkalising and tasty.]
- 23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health? [A great video on something that is very simple and yet can make the biggest difference to your health.]
- Where Germs Lurk on Planes [If you are going to catch a plane in the near future, taking a few precautions may minimise your chance of picking up a cold.]
Nothing contained in this Newsletter is intended to be used as medical advice and is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your own health professional’s advice.
As we are a mobile business, we can come to you in the following areas of Sydney:
- North Shore (Artarmon, Balmoral, Beauty Point, Cammeray, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Clifton Gardens, Cremorne, Crows Nest, Gordon, Greenwich, Kirribilli, Lane Cove, Lavender Bay, Lindfield, Linley Point, Longueville, McMahons Point, Middle Cove, Middle Harbour, Milsons Point, Mosman, Naremburn, Neutral Bay, North Sydney, Northbridge, Northwood, Pymble, Riverview, Roseville, Spit Junction, St Leonards, Waverton, Willoughby and Wollstonecraft).
- Northern Suburbs (East Ryde, Eastwood, Epping, Gladesville, Henley, Hunters Hill, Huntleys Cove, Huntleys Point, Macquarie Park, Marsfield, North Ryde and Woolwich).
If you want to engage our services at a location we have not listed above, please contact us as we may be able to cater to your request.