Lamb and Vegetables Stew
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 500g lamb (boneless) cut into 3cm chunks
- 4 red potatoes, unpeeled, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut to bite sized chunks
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 leeks rinsed, white and pale green parts coarsely chopped
- 1 large turnip, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup green beans, fresh or frozen (150g)
- Heat olive oil in large flame proof casserole pot over medium heat. Add meat in batch’s and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes per a batch .
- Add the potatos, carrot, onion, leek and turnip to pan. Cook for 10 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Stir in flour and add 3 cups water, bay leaf, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat.
- Add meat and simmer, until meat is tender (50-60 minutes). Add beans and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Serves: 6 – Preparation time : 20 minutes – Cooking time: 90 minutes
Nutrition Information (per serve): 1167 kJ (279 Cal), 21.1g Protein, 10.7g Fat, 4.4g Saturated Fat, 21.4g Carbohydrate, 5.7g Sugars, 6.1g Fibre, 509mg Sodium