Chicken and Vegetable Quinoa
Here’s a healthy recipe for you to try out. I made this last week and it was SO easy!!!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 800g chicken breast fillets, cut into roughly 2cm cubes
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 250g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat a large deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add capsicum and saute for 3 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper, quinoa, stock, bay leaves and stir. Bring to a boil, cover with a lid, reduce heat to low-medium and cook for 12 minutes.
- Add zucchini and broccoli and stir. Cover with a lid and cook on low-medium for 15 more minutes.
- Add grape tomatoes and parsley, stir and remove from heat. Serve hot.
Preparation time: 15 minutes. Cooking time: 40 minutes. Serves: 6
Health Jigsaw is a well trusted mobile personal and fitness training business and our personal trainers have been helping clients get fitter, stronger, faster and healthier since 2004. Apart from putting together effective workouts, we can help you with nutritional advice. A healthy lifestyle is not just about exercising – nutrition plays a big part too. You will not get results unless you are committed to both exercise and nutrition.
Contact us for a complimentary initial consultation if you live in the following areas of Southern Tasmania: Blackmans Bay, Crabtree, Cradoc, Cygnet, Franklin, Glen Huon, Grove, Huonville, Judbury, Kingston, Leslie Vale, Lower Longley, Lucaston, Mountain River, Ranelagh, Sandfly, South Hobart, Taroona, Woodstock.