If you like burgers, here’s a simple recipe for the beef patties. You can then add the salads of your choice to create a healthy burger that the whole family will enjoy (and a gazillion times tastier than the ones served by the M restaurant).
500g minced beef
1 egg, lightly whisked
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 brown onion, grated
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Place all the ingredients in large bowl and mix with your hands until evenly combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide into 6 equal portions and mould each portion into a roundish shape about 1.5 cm thick.
- Place the patties on a plate, cover and keep in the fridge for 30 minutes (this helps them hold together when cooked).
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat and cook the patties to your liking for 3-4 minutes on each side.
This is where you can be as creative and healthy as you want.
- Put the hamburger buns, cut-side up, under the pre-heated grill and toast for 1 minute or until golden.
- Place the patties on the buns and add lots of healthy vegetables such as avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers, etc.
Health Jigsaw is looking forward to spreading the healthy lifestyle message to Southern Tasmania in January 2016. We will have a personal trainer based in Huonville to cover the Huon Valley, Kingston and Hobart. Contact us for a FREE initial consultation to discuss how we can help improve your health and fitness.